Back-End Software Developer
MYJAR offers visa sponsorship
MYJAR will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Tallinn, Estonia
Want to join MYJAR as our new back-end software developer and be part of creating complex and interesting solutions for our built-in-house platform? Join us if you’re fun to work with and looking for a challenging environment! This is the place where you can apply your knowledge at a responsible and successful company. Read more about MYJAR
- Code user stories and automated tests
- Create architectural designs
- Investigate and fix bugs and issues
- Document solutions and requirements
- Maintain development environments and tools
- Share technical knowledge and experience with team members
- Execute manual and automated regression tests
- Own implementation quality and technical debt
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile software development.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with PHP, Node.js, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL), object-oriented programming (OOP) and model-view-controller (MVC), programming principles (Clean Code, Test Driven Development).
- Focused on output and quality, with a habit of documenting your work.
- A good understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery) and testing principles.
- Very good spoken and written English skills.
- Motivation package that supports a healthy lifestyle
- A competitive salary
- An awesome team to be part of - we have friendly, multicultural and talented people
- Regular team events to break the routine
- An international environment with contemporary tools and modern practices
- Room to grow within a successful business
- A modern office in the heart of Tallinn
About MYJAR in Tallinn, Estonia
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350M in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
Life at MYJAR
Want to know more about life at MYJAR? You can read more about us on the Jobbatical blog bit.ly/2prowe8
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.