Senior Back-End Developer
Starship Technologies offers visa sponsorship
This job listing is a part of the Career Hunt 2019 campaign. Career Hunt rockets your IT-career straight to the Nordic tech-hub – Estonia. Apply, because the TOP 25 candidates around the world will be flown to Estonia for a tech-tour, given the chance to meet the biggest IT-wonders and get VIP-shortcuts for job interviews in selected companies! Read more at careerhunt.eu
in Tallinn, Estonia
Servers are where the magic happens - fleet management, routing robots to customers, solving escalations from robots, third-party partners and mapping. We're looking for a senior back-end engineer to join our international team. Handling robots is a broad challenge - one that combines near real-time systems and more traditional entity management. Do you have what it takes? Read more about Starship Technologies
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have experience with time critical systems and short response times.
- You have experience with complex systems with high availability.
- You have experience with Swagger, NodeJS, Go and NoSQL.
- You have good communication skills.
- You have experience working with international teams.
- You are curious and interested in a broad range of technologies.
- You are passionate about solving real world problems.
- You are experienced in the development of near real-time systems.
- You are experienced in database design and architecture.
- You have experience with API design and integrations.
- You are comfortable delivering value through Agile development with iterative processes.
- A background in logistics or fleet management.
Compensation & Benefits
- Apply and let's discuss you salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours.
- Company events.
About Starship Technologies in Tallinn, Estonia
Starship Technologies builds self-driving local delivery robots. We are disrupting a 2-trillion-dollar local deliveries industry and we believe our robots will revolutionise local delivery. We envision a world where you can send and receive anything you want, anytime and anywhere. Our engineering expertise, combined with our experience of co-founding Skype, is enabling us to turn this into reality.
Starship Technologies was launched in 2014 by Ahti Heinla and Janus Friis. Our business headquarters are in San Francisco and our engineering in Estonia.
Life at Starship Technologies
Starship Technologies offers work in a unique company - we develop delivery robots and are the first company to create an actual business with this technology. Starship also offers a great opportunity to tackle complex and unique tasks, then solve them together with an amazing and super smart team.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.