3D R&D Software Developer
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Configura offers visa sponsorship
Configura will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Are you a self-starter, eager to develop and maintain software? We're looking for an experienced 3D R&D software developer to join us. Configura is full of new ideas and innovation; programming therefore has a significant role throughout the company. We work in teams where we look for people who take personal responsibility to achieve good team spirit and deliver on time. Read more about Configura
- Develop and maintain 3D software modules for core applications.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of internal utility extensions.
- Work with support/QA team to analyze and resolve defects.
- Collaborate with teams from Europe, North America and Asia.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement in both code and processes.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience from heavy real-time applications or in the gaming industry.
- You have experience developing 3D software.
- You have experience with 3D modelling tools (rhino, 3ds max, sketchup).
- You have experience with 3D visualization (twinmotion).
- You have good knowledge and experience in C++, C#, Java or any other object-oriented language.
- You have a good grasp of object-oriented concepts and experience in using them to build applications.
- You have good written and verbal English communication skills.
- You are quality-minded.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are a self-starter who can work independently on diverse problems.
- You have the ability to quickly gather requirements, explore multiple approaches and suggest solutions.
- Experience in agile development processes like SCRUM or Kanban.
- Experience with structuring code for larger projects.
- Database usage experience (SQL).
Compensation & Benefits
- Work with cutting-edge technology.
- Premium insurance package (includes pension saving scheme).
- Flexible working hours.
- Free parking.
- Premium monthly gym subscription (includes gym, yoga, spinning, swimming pool).
- Yearly kick-offs and team building events.
- Global travel opportunities.
As a 3D R&D software developer, you will be working in close collaboration with teams from all of our offices. You will be responsible for a portfolio of our internal utility extensions, as well as contribute towards continuous improvement in both code and process. Thanks to our unique CET Developer Platform, overhead time is kept to a minimum. You receive immediate feedback on your changes, i.e. spend less time waiting on compiling and more on fun.
If you want to work for a company with Swedish roots and genuine care for its employees, this position could be for you. We take pride in our low employee turnover and are especially proud of our onboarding for new employees.
We believe you are a skilled programmer with experience in an object-oriented programming language. To be successful as a 3D R&D software developer, you should be a communicative and mature person who is driven to deliver with quality. You write robust, secure and maintainable code in a variety of languages. While you collaborate well, you also work independently, using creativity and innovation to think beyond the problem domains given.
About Configura in Linköping, Sweden
Configura is a leading software developer in the kitchen, office furniture, and space planning industry. We simplify the design, sales and order process of complex and configurable products for customers all around the world.
Our Parametric Graphical Configuration (PGC) technology has revolutionized the industry and enabled designers to deliver visual and error free photorealistic drawings that in turn has increased huge savings and generated dramatic increases in sales.
Configura is a globally operating company with headquarters in Linköping, Sweden and operations in Grand Rapids, MI, USA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Shenzhen, China. The idea of Configura started in a small summer house in Sweden in 1990 and over two decades later Configura has grown into a multimillion company, delivering our software solutions to designers in over 50 countries, including some of the biggest manufacturers in the industry.
Today, thousands of designers and sales representatives rely on our software to design spaces, enhance creativity and improve efficiency.
Life at Configura
It all started in this tech-savvy university town in 1990. Today, our headquarters houses over 70 Configurans - doing everything from development and support to sales and marketing - in our newly renovated office on Storgatan in central Linköping, Sweden.
You may not recognize a Configuran in the street – we come in all shapes, forms and personalities and we certainly wouldn’t dream of instituting a company dress code – but with five offices on three continents, we’re one Configura.
Configura works with parametric configuration. We develop software to draw spaces in 2D and 3D for companies within the commercial furniture, kitchen and material handling industries. In the background, prices and configurations are automatically calculated.
Our teams work together across time zones and oceans to develop software for some of the world’s largest furniture manufacturers and other industry leaders. Care to join us?
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.