Piktochart offers visa sponsorship
Piktochart will arrange the immigration paperwork required for the winning candidate and cover the associated costs.
in Penang, Malaysia
Know your way around Ruby or Golang? Eager to build great products with a close-knit team in an inspiring environment? Team Piktochart is ready to welcome you in their HQ located on the tropical island of Penang! Read more about Piktochart
- Design, build, maintain and innovate with a focus on the maintainability, readability, efficiency, reusability, and reliability of our production code or internal tools
- Analyze software performance and perform system/code optimization
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with the server side
- Integrate external services and resources into applications
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- You have 3+ years of experience working on web applications built on Ruby OR Golang.
- You have experience with MySQL OR with other data stores such as Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres.
- You have experience implementing a robust set of services with RESTful APIs to power web applications.
- You have experience with cloud platforms, high-availability systems, data indexing, and automated testing.
- You're enthusiastic about collaborating with a small team in an inter-disciplinary environment.
- You are a self-starter open to feedback.
- You are self-motivated to build great products and achieve excellence.
- Bonus points if you are familiar with Python and Node.js.
- Apply and let's discuss your salary and benefits package!
- If you are relocating from abroad, we will arrange your working visa.
- We offer a relocation package to help you settle in your new home.
We are a small team passionate about everything back end, using a variety of technologies to bring a stable high-performance experience to our users. We are looking for someone who shares the same passion and vision to create and innovate and has a thing for automation.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your teammates into the application.
This is a full-time role based in Penang, Malaysia. When applying, please provide the link to your Github/Stack Overflow account or any other open source code that you contribute to.
About Piktochart in Malaysia
The close-knit team behind Piktochart brings you a web application that empowers people who cannot design to create visual content. Some of our users include educators from Harvard, product managers at Google, Starwood Hotels, PWC and many non-profit organizations, freelancers and entrepreneurs. They use Piktochart based on our ability to help them design a compelling story. Piktochart started out with our faith and family as our foundation. We love what we do and our users, and constantly try to get better at our craft!
Life at Piktochart
Our 15,000 sq ft office is equipped with a fully stocked pantry, 6 brainjuice rooms, foosball table, electronic dart and much more. We're a small company, but we provide great benefits: health insurance, a Macbook Air/Pro, lots of fun activities like laser tag, catered meals, annual retreats at exotic places (Seoul, Melbourne & Maldives), etc.
Moving to Malaysia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Malaysia within approximately 4 weeks after submitting your application. If you need a visa to enter Malaysia, the visa processing time will be added to that.