UI/UX Designer (Interaction Designer)
Please leave your email to access this job on third-party website
Jobbatical covers visa and immigration paperwork, as well as relocation costs associated with this role
As Jobbatical’s next UI/UX designer, you can choose whether to work remotely or relocate to our office in Tallinn, Estonia. If you choose to relocate for this job, Jobbatical takes care of the work visa and residence permit associated with moving to Europe. We also pay for relocation costs such as round-trip flights and one month's accommodation in your new city.
in Tallinn, Estonia
As Jobbatical's new UI/UX lead, you will use your design skills to open up new worlds of opportunity to skilled business, tech, and creative talent. Your vision and designs will impact lives all across the globe by helping people shape their careers like never before. Join us in Tallinn, or remotely, and define the future of work as part of an international startup on the rise. Read more about Jobbatical
- Set the vision for the Jobbatical user experience.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Foster a shared understanding of the space by presenting clear, data-based evidence of your design decisions.
- Explore how experiences span different user types, contexts, situations and devices.
- Apply big-picture thinking to break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps.
- Realize design ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at every phase of the design process, tailoring outputs for a variety of stakeholders.
- Assist team members in measuring the impact of product releases and design changes.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in your field and be ready to apply these principles to Jobbatical.
- Take responsibility for the team's ability to build stunning, meaningful experiences.
- 3+ years of experience working as a UI/UX or front-end developer at a fast-growing startup or established company.
- The ability to create appealing, high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch.
- Intimate knowledge of Sketch, Origami Studio, Framer or other leading edge interactive design tools.
- Experience with responsive web design and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles, such as Bootstrap.
- Deep understanding of information design/architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology.
- Deep understanding of how to create world-class products that surprise and delight the end user.
- Thorough grasp of the entire product development process, from problem-solving to detailed UI, visual design and development.
- A foresight for developer requirements and ability to make design decisions that save developer time in the short and long term.
- The ability to architect user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups and working web-based user views.
- Ability to gather insights from user metrics and user research.
- Proven track record turning metrics and research findings into clear design changes that improve the user experience.
- Deep understanding of how designs affect metrics, as well as an ability to measure how design changes affect product usage and goals.
- Evidence of your ability to turn business-related goals into groundbreaking design ideas with a clear path to execution.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- A passion for your craft and determination to help your company achieve the bleeding edge of what’s possible.
- Native-level command of English.
- Attention-to-detail and a commitment to doing things on deadline to the best of your ability.
- Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience scaling growth for a company you've founded and/or worked for.
- The fortitude to found companies, create side projects and/or share your designs or design thinking with the public.
- Deep curiosity for learning and the world at large.
- Interest in working hard to achieve your greatest potential.
- Determination to create a world where skills are rewarded more than passports.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hardware budget for a computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor and headphones
- Generous maternity and paternity benefits
- Cell phone coverage and money towards leasing a new cell phone or
- Keep your skills sharp with an education budget that covers 2 events per year.
- First month's accommodation is paid for if you relocate, or when you first visit the office.
- Health insurance
- Monthly books budget, money towards a gym, and an Uber allowance
- 28 days of paid vacation per year
Change the way people work and travel the world as Jobbatical's UI/UX designer. Collaborate with business, product and engineering squads to translate rough concepts into living, breathing prototypes that impact millions.
Your designs will define the future of how Jobbatical works. As such, you will be expected to turn business and user goals into working prototypes that delight Jobbatical users all over the world.
To achieve this, we ask that you intimately understand (and know how to measure) our user experience. You will recognize and predict use cases, as well as accommodate edge cases throughout your work. In doing so, you will solve product problems with measurable design solutions.
You will champion our users and communicate ideas clearly with the internal teams to deliver feature improvements and new concepts at an unprecedented pace.
For the sake of speed and teamwork, we ask that you're comfortable delivering design ideas and concepts through front-end web development methods. Your code is not expected to be production-ready, but this knowledge and flexibility will help Jobbatical bring ideas to market quickly and effectively.
About Jobbatical in Tallinn, Estonia
At Jobbatical, we think beyond borders and help the world work together.
Our international job platform connects globally minded companies with ready-to-relocate tech, business and creative talent—people like you. We believe in a fully connected world where your career success is decided by your skill and ambition, not your birthplace.
Our goal is to encourage employers to set aside cultural biases and hire the people with the best skills for the job, and we take our own advice: we don’t discriminate based on nationality, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that has nothing to do with the role you'll be filling.
Founded in 2014 by three Estonians, we’ve since grown into a global team of 35+ aspiring world-changers from 16+ nationalities.
Life at Jobbatical
These are the values that guide us:
Start with why. We don’t do things for the sake of having something to do. Keeping the “why” of our actions in mind helps us stay focused on the things that matter.
Don’t wait to be asked. (Make it happen.) We’re not here to sit around and wait for orders. We have ideas and bring them to life.
Go beyond yourself. Comfort zones are great. We love waving at them as we leave them behind.
Choose difficult truths over comforting lies. Saying yes to everything is easy. But many of the most fruitful and necessary conversations are uncomfortable.
Be bold, stay humble. We’re not afraid to take risks and make mistakes to build what we believe in. And we know the world doesn’t owe us anything.
Moving to Estonia
If you hold the passport of a visa-free country, you can start working in Estonia within 24 hours from accepting the job offer, if your new employer is classified as a startup.
If your new employer is not considered a startup, you can start after a maximum of 10 days from accepting the job offer.
If you hold the passport of a country that requires a visa to enter Estonia, you can move and start working within approximately 4 weeks.