in Sheffield, United Kingdom
If you're looking for a place to showcase and further hone your skills, team BJSS in Sheffield is ready to welcome you. Join their engineering team in a city that's 61% green space and 100% inspiring! Read more about BJSS
- Project delivery: day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Analysis and design: understanding of both functional and non-functional requirements to produce well-designed software
- Software development: construction and testing of software components
- Quality assurance: understanding of system test plans and system testing
- At least a 2:1 degree or significant industry experience
- Knowledge of and experience in jQuery, HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Strong object-oriented skills
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of computing (logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, network stack)
- Experience working in an agile team
- Experience with one or more unit test frameworks, e.g. Jasmine
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools and scripting
- Use of source code version control using tools such as Git, Subversion or Mercurial
- Experience developing in a cross-browser environment
- The following will be advantageous:
- Experience of other languages such as Java, Python, PHP or C#
- Experience consuming RESTful services
- Web server technology such as Apache and Nginx
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- User experience design and testing
- Other web/network application frameworks. Understanding of non-blocking I/O
- Experience with modern build tools, e.g. Grunt and/or Gulp
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap/Foundation
- Automated testing, integration and end-to-end testing e.g. Selenium, Protractor
- Working knowledge of diagnosing browser compliance and performance issues
- Working knowledge of modern user interface design patterns and practice
- Exposure to test-driven-development or behaviour-driven development methodologies
- Experience with multiple operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS
Compensation & Benefits
- Lunch and Learns, Tech Talks, and Coding Challenges
- Flexible working hours
- Regular get-togethers, special interest and sporting groups, and a weekend away every summer
- Secondment opportunities between the UK and USA; help with professional and industry certification
- Commuter benefits programme
- A great working environment with generous benefits, a competitive salary and rewards structure, and healthcare and income protection
Our software engineers work with diverse technologies across multiple business domains and projects. At BJSS, you will have the opportunity to deliver a wide range of solutions to a broad spectrum of clients. You will have direct access to our clients and act as a subject matter expert within the development space.
This is a job for a creative and innovative person ready to deliver quality results. You should be delivery-focused and flexible, and always willing to learn new technologies and languages. Comfortable within a team of any size, you're equally efficient when working individually.
A good communicator, you're comfortable presenting your ideas, making decisions, analysing situations, and clarifying issues. You always take responsibility for your results, strive to overcome obstacles, and adapt your approach accordingly. Genuinely interested in technology, you're always aware of changes happening on the modern tech landscape.
If that sounds like you, you'll fit right in. We'll be waiting for your application!
About BJSS in United Kingdom
BJSS is an award-winning delivery-focused IT consultancy with over 20 years’ software delivery and IT advisory experience.
We are renowned for technical excellence, cost-effective delivery, and our proven BJSS Enterprise Agile approach. Founded in 1993, BJSS operates offices and project centres across the UK and USA and has established a global reputation for the highest-quality software delivery that keeps us busy on some of the most exciting projects. Our clients include some of the world’s largest companies, including investment banks, retail banks, government departments, retailers and commodity traders.
Working at BJSS is a great experience. Working on pioneering technology, we frequently find ourselves developing challenging software on large and complex enterprise systems, and winning many awards along the way.
BJSS believes in investing in our employees, to nurture their ambitions of becoming the best software engineers possible. If you want to surround yourself with strong technical people with a passion for technology and a deep-rooted focus on delivering quality, then BJSS is the place for you!