Are you crazy about cutting-edge technology? Do you like the idea of creating a healthier world? Take on this back-end job at Runtastic and combine your two passions—and as a cherry on top, live and work in beautiful Linz in Upper Austria!
Founded in 2009, Runtastic has rapidly grown into an innovative portfolio of apps and online services that track and manage health as well as fitness data. We are a recognized leader in fitness app development with the vision of motivating every individual to live a more active lifestyle.
Our home country of Austria is regularly ranked as one of the countries with the highest quality of life (#2 in 2016). Our health care system is considered one of the best, education is free and the crime rate is incredibly low.
Runtastic develops a continuously evolving portfolio of apps and online services to track fitness and health data. Together with adidas, we create exceptional experiences for our worldwide community. We work in a fun and international startup environment, and as change makers, we share a passion for cutting-edge technology and the vision of making the world a healthier place.
With every app download and new feature, we face the challenge of scaling our backend and infrastructure to meet the requirements of our customers. Ruby (JRuby, MRI), Rails, a microservice architecture, and our handpicked database technologies help us reach this goal. If you're always willing to learn and want to build cool stuff in beautiful Austria, join our agile team!
- Conceive and implement new social, geo-based or health features
- Design next generation, efficient and reusable back-end services as well as APIs
- Develop highly available, fast and scalable solutions
- A degree in IT, software engineering or a related field (higher technical institute or university)
- Back-end expertise and at least one year of professional experience with Ruby
- Understanding of databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra among others)
- Preference for talking to clients in JSON or binary
- You speak good English
- The minimum gross yearly salary for this role is EUR 32,648. Your salary will be in line with your qualifications and experience.
- In Austria, salaries are paid 14 times a year (twice in June and December). We have 5 paid vacation weeks, certainly independent from your sick days. Taxes and social insurance are deducted automatically every month, covering health, retirement and unemployment insurance.