Have you ever lived in a city with 71 lakes? If you take on this back-end challenge at Platonics, your new hometown will be a fascinating mix of city sophistication and stunning wilderness—the kind of combination that's guaranteed to get the inspiration flowing!
Platonics is developing the easiest to use 3D printers for architects and designers. We do this by fully automating our hardware and software so that our customers can invest more time in the things that matter to them, instead of wasting it on maintenance work. By doing this, we are able to save our customers up to 90% in lost productivity costs versus current market leaders.
Do you have previous web development experience and an interest in working at a fast-growing startup? We're looking for a back-end developer to join our growing team. Your goal in this role will be to develop our printer’s onboard web application. You will implement and maintain the back end of the web application, and over time we'll also expect you to learn about front-end and grow into a full-stack developer in the position.
At Platonics, you'll find yourself in an environment where you can steer the product’s direction and development. As the company expands, you'll have the possibility to lead the development team. Does that sound like your kind of challenge? Send in your application and you could be joining us in beautiful Finland as soon as January!
- Write high quality, robust code that will scale with the business
- Implement our printer’s web interface
- Integrate third-party services into our web interface
- Modify open-source third-party software for our needs
- Potential to lead the development team
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Solid back-end experience with Python, Go, or other back-end languages
- Experience in NodeJS is considered a plus
- Up-to-date database experience such as OrientDB and MangoDB
- Fundamental front-end knowledge on HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript 6
- Willingness to learn cutting edge frameworks like AngularJS or libraries (React, Ember, etc.)
- Ability to understand users' needs
- Ability to manage projects and lead the development team
- Ability to communicate with the entire team
- Competitive salary (3500€) with stock ownership plan
- Open and dynamic working environment with a startup atmosphere and flexible working hours
- Opportunity to develop in a fast-growing organization