Berlin's reputation as Europe's capital of cool is thoroughly deserved. Make this vibrant city your home and live the best possible version of your life as ZenMate's head of marketing!
ZenGuard (the company behind ZenMate) is a Berlin-based startup dedicated to internet
security. At ZenGuard, we strive to make the web a free and secure place with our
awesome, vision-driven products and highly skilled team. We provide a dynamic work
environment that will allow you to develop and learn new things every day. ZenMate is a
platform and device agnostic internet security solution that acts in a similar way to a VPN
connection. It is now available for Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, OSX, Windows, iOS, and
Android, with other products planned for the future. Trusted by over 35 million users
worldwide, we won the Europas Award for Best Security/Privacy Startup of 2014.
As the leader of our marketing team, you will play a key role in shaping the product as well as building and retaining our customer base. You will drive our growth and customer acquisition strategies through product and marketing channel optimization.
A very sociable person, you're able to lead, coach, cooperate, and nurture a winning mindset. Your competitive mentality makes you want to improve the business, your team and yourself every day. We'll trust you to have your own unique blend of business and technical savvy, as well as plenty of entrepreneurial spirit. Keenly interested in digital marketing, you love leveraging and building amazing, impactful products.
When applying, please include a CV and/or work samples/references. And don't forget to add a few lines about why you're the best person for the job.
- Oversee and act as the main driving force behind our online marketing, growth hacking, app store optimization, business development with focus on marketing
- Manage product development projects from a marketing perspective
- Constantly re-evaluate the performance of all online marketing channels
- Increase our user count and conversion rate (website and in-product)
- Develop a consistent marketing strategy that efficiently scales the business
- Develop mobile marketing portfolio objectives and strategies for growth
- Develop and manage the lead management process, including the strategy for lead qualification and nurturing
- Challenge the existing business model of our freemium and premium-only products
- Manage your team, conduct one-on-one's, drive KPI’s, decide on and delegate tasks, conduct performance reviews and salary discussions
- Provide leadership and mentorship for our global marketing team
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an online marketer, growth hacker, or in another similar role at a SaaS or online tech company.
- You have extensive experience managing a full and integrated marketing mix and introducing new channels to existing plans.
- Your knowledge should include web (usability, accessibility, user experience) and at least two online marketing channels and email marketing.
- You should have first working experience in either people management or project/stakeholder management.
- You have in-depth knowledge of SaaS funnels and metrics.
- Data-driven and very analytical, you know how data works and how to utilize quantitative methods.
- You’ve got to be familiar and comfortable with the technology and analytics, and have a genuine curiosity about data.
- You have a strong understanding of the mobile marketing landscape and about the potential of the possibilities and solutions.
- You communicate fluently in English.
- We offer attractive salary packages above the Berlin-Brandenburg average.
- Need a visa or an apartment? We'll handle that for you.
- After you get to know our fantastic group at one of our many team events or evenings, you’ll see that at ZenMate, everyone is considered a friend, not just a co-worker.
- When there’s nothing you fancy in our well-stocked kitchen, we normally enjoy our lunch breaks at one of the many nearby restaurants or in the park. If you just can’t tear yourself away from your project, don’t worry! We’ll call in take-away for you!
- Whether it's the newest Linux-powerhouse or an individually configured Mac—you name it, we'll order for you.
- Berlin has everything you could want in a city: amazing nightlife, world-class culture, great places to eat, a gigantic start-up scene, as well as beautiful lakes and forests.