Looking for a city with brains and a personality? Helsinki is a great choice. Especially if you happen to be on the hunt for a job as a Site Reliability/DevOps engineer. Join callstats.io and let your Finnish adventure begin!
We are a startup based in Helsinki, Finland. Callstats.io is our first product, built to monitor and manage the media quality in realtime communication applications. We often refer to callstats.io as "Google Analytics for WebRTC". Our vision is a world where communication is both frictionless and effortless to set up, operate, and scale.
We collect millions of network and media quality metrics from our customers around the world. We analyze, cluster, and categorize them based on various attributes. Our cloud infrastructure creates reports and alerts the customers when their users experience degrades. Our systems also attempt to automagically fix issues. The optimizations empower our customers to provide a superior service quality compared to their competitors.
Our team is made up of engineers that have shipped code for various networking companies.
Our engineers write great code, test it, care about performance, and pragmatically tackle the technical debt, all while improving the maintainability of our code base. Our solutions aim to excite our customers daily. Data is the most critical part of our product and we're constantly raising the bar on the user experience we provide.
But Rome wasn't built in a day. All our projects started small and gradually began to increase in complexity. We're constantly shipping code and we believe that done is better than perfect.
Does that sound like a team after your own heart? We want to hear from you!
What is the hardest real-world distributed system or networking problem that you have ever diagnosed and perhaps solved? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you can. We love reading about reverse engineering.
- You have hands-on experience in managing some of the following server components: Kafka, Mongo DB, Postgres SQL, Redis/Hazelcast, or AWS Lambda.
- You have an interest in deploying continuous integration, log collection, and analysis (ELK stack), or monitoring and optimizing our deployment cluster’s performance.
- You follow the DRY principles and attempt to automate everything.
- You are able to perform root cause analysis when outages occur or performance degrades.
- Let's talk about your salary and benefits!
- Education: Our commitment to learning as a team and individual growth, also hackathons.
- Fun times: Weekly and monthly outings, sports.
- Great team: Our team is sharp, eccentric, loyal, and ambitious.
- Friday demo: Every week you get to show off your contributions and get immediate feedback.
- Immediate impact: You are part of a small but growing team and your impact is immediately felt. There is no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks.