Yousician's job is to reimagine music education so everyone can play. Want to help make the world a more musical place? Join them in beautiful Finland as a Unity game programmer!
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.
We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. You’ll be focusing on developing the core functionality of Yousician, working alongside other developers, as well as designers, educators, audio scientists, and more.
Above all, this is a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide by helping us reimagine the way music education works. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. You'll face the challenges and reap the rewards of working at a successful and fast-growing company, and you'll have the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best possible place to work, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating, and fun environment. Experiments are the name of the game at Yousician: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from our experience.
Interested? Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! And remember, everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
- Work in a small team, taking ownership of major parts of the product
- Work on our flagship app, developing new features and user interfaces
- Take part in product design meetings
- Interact with visual artists and the music team
- You know your way around Unity.
- You love to code in C#.
- You are experienced in building user interfaces using Unity UI.
- You are familiar with developing products available on multiple platforms (especially Android and iOS).
- You are experienced in working with Git and web APIs.
- You learn fast, work independently and get things done.
- You are interested in learning to play an instrument (or already know how to play one).
- Young, ambitious hackers are very welcome. We are looking for both junior and senior applicants.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package—salary, stock options, crazy perks—and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, benefits for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece and Thailand work retreats.