This team is reimagining music education so everyone can play. If you're a bit of a product management prodigy, join Yousician in Helsinki to make the world a more musical place! Oh, and everyone who goes to a personal interview at their office gets a ukulele.
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.
We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
We're now looking for a product manager to lead the development and deployment of the world’s leading music education service. In this challenging role, you will be working with music theory specialists, game designers and developers to produce games that teach our users how to recognize notes, chords, rhythm and melodies, as well as make their own music. Your main responsibility will be to translate user needs and market opportunities into a compelling product vision and roadmap and to help turn one of the most “intimidating” areas of music into the most exciting and engaging one!
As part of our team, you'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. You'll get the challenges and rewards that come with working in a successful and fast growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating and fun working environment. We work in small efficient teams where everyone has autonomy, the freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership. We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from experience.
Is this job description music to your ears? Then send us your application and CV (in English) and let's make the world a more musical place together! And remember, everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
- You will be responsible for creating compelling product vision and roadmap for our world-class music education service with the help of music teachers and game designers.
- You will be the heart, mind and voice of our users—your job will be to understand our customers and how they use our product to learn basic elements of music and music theory in a fun and engaging way.
- You will be responsible for user engagement, educational and financial metrics.
- You’ll recognize market and product opportunities.
- It will be your task to meet product targets by prioritizing, evaluating, executing and following up on the implementation schedule.
- You’ll facilitate cross-functional teamwork and communicate with your own team, management, UX, marketing, other team leads and our chief architect.
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management with a successful track record of published software products (preferably B2C and mobile apps).
- You love getting your hands dirty to understand our customers and user behavior.
- You're a practical and analytical visionary able to turn product vision into reality.
- Comfortable with numbers, you enjoy data-informed decision-making (experience with data analysis tools is an advantage).
- You know how to communicate well with cross-functional teams and lead people along a product journey.
- You have a passion for music (whether or not you have professional skills with an instrument is not important, but knowledge of music and music theory would be a great asset).
- You're interested in technology and technology products (gadgets, gaming) and have a love for casual (mobile) games.
- A background in software development, teaching, gaming or marketing is an asset.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package—salary, stock options, crazy perks—and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.