Ready to take on something big? Zalando is building a platform that will unite the fashion ecosystem and change the face of tech and fashion in Europe. If you have some serious front-end style, you should join them!
Zalando is Europe’s leading online fashion platform, with about 19 million active customers in 15 countries. Our tech department has built most of our platform in-house, using open source and cutting-edge technologies such as Scala, Cassandra, Clojure, and React.js. We work in small, agile, autonomous teams and follow principles that enable us to produce the most delightful shopping experiences possible.
What does it take to become “a Zalando”? Above all, it requires passion: to experiment, learn, fail, and repeat the process, so that we get stronger and better every day. Zalando Tech includes men and women from more than 50 different nations and representing a seemingly endless number of interests, hobbies, programming language preferences, personality types and other characteristics. What unites us is the energy and enthusiasm we share in tackling our common purpose: to deliver award-winning, best-in-class shopping experiences to our 19 million active customers.
Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands to manufacturers—we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
We live Radical Agility. With the set of principles that we give to you and your team—autonomy, mastery, purpose—we entrust you to shape the future of Zalando. You will be the one changing the world’s opinion of tech and fashion in Europe.
Your individual impact at Zalando is limitless. It is not only about growth and improvement—it's about inventing new things. We strongly believe that providing useful code to the world is a virtue. We strive to learn from and contribute to open source software for the betterment of Zalando and the tech community.
We are passionate about what we do and have fun while doing it. And we are willing to experiment and make mistakes: It’s how we grow.
Please note that this role requires you to join us in Berlin. We welcome applicants from all over the world and will provide visa sponsorship for the right candidate!
- You will join one of our 120+ teams to build, scale and continuously improve a variety of web applications that redefine the user experience for our active customers and partners.
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide together on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale web applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- You and your team will work truly cross-functionally with an entrepreneurial mindset and take ownership of the whole development cycle from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance.
- You will join a team dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the scalability, performance, and user-centricity of our software. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, frameworks, and RESTful web services.
- Courageous in taking ownership and being accountable for the results of your decisions
- Motivated to make a positive impact on our engineering culture and encourage knowledge sharing
- Ambitious in delivering products that redefine the user experience and making bold decisions about the means and tools of delivery and operation
- Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
- Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at data science conferences and meetups, and encouragement to publish work.
- Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties and events.
- Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
- Unparalleled levels of data and opportunities.