Do you have what it takes to take the lead on a company's IT strategy? If so, taking on this gig in the quaint Estonian university town of Tartu might be a wise move for you!
Wisemedia is a software development house established in Tartu, Estonia. We also have branches in Tallinn, Wroclaw, and Brno. With pride, we develop and support IT solutions for our mother-company Friendly Finance Group. With our work, we are merging business with technology. Our software is used by thousands of customers on a daily basis.
Our team includes more than 30 young and motivated hard-working specialists. Their happiness is heavily guarded by three office dogs—Jacky, Ophelia, and Cassandra.
Hungry for success and driven towards action and achievement, with the mindset of a winner—is that you? Are you curious to see what's beyond the horizon? Are you unafraid to fail and ready to learn from that failure? Then you've come to the right place. It’s time to love what you do and discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things.
We are looking for an experienced chief information officer to oversee the use of IT in our company. You'll be the one to devise our IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
At Wisemedia, we will give you the responsibility you deserve. We believe in your skills and will place the most valuable part of our company—the team—under your care and management. We'll trust you to become the person responsible for our mission in developing an innovative platform for the FinTech industry. You'll also find plenty of opportunities to challenge and improve your skills in the most challenging field today.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department and coordinate strategic goals with stakeholders
- Cooperate with R&D in prioritizing and planning new projects and keeping an eye on current ones
- Select and implement suitable technologies for streamlining all internal operations and optimizing their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems)
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways we can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- You have experience in a similar managerial role (experience in the FinTech industry will be considered an advantage).
- You have excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- You have a background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation.
- You have a solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations.
- You have superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities, a strong strategic and business mindset, and excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- You'll get a competitive local salary and a sweet benefits package.
- We'll sponsor the necessary visas and work permits for the right candidate.