Do you have product vision and a strong affinity for creating smooth, consistent user experiences? There's a team in Norway looking for someone like you!
Xeneta is the leading ocean freight rate benchmarking and market intelligence platform with the world's largest database of ocean freight rates reporting in real time and on demand. Our main office is in Oslo, Norway with sales offices in Hamburg, Germany and establishing a presence on the U.S. east coast, currently New York.
Our company has been touted one of the hottest new companies in the Nordics, as well as one of the leading European companies transforming the shipping and global logistics supply chain industries by Forbes. In 2016, we were named Nordic Startup of the Year - Norway.
We are a little over 35 people looking to double our size in 2017. We, Xenetians, come from over 16 different countries and from all walks of life. We have collected the brightest, wittiest and the downright best humans in the whole wide world to innovate, modernize and rattle the global container shipping and logistics industry. It's no easy task, but we're game, and we've already made enormous strides.
We are always looking for top people who have what it takes to join our journey and impact the shipping industry. We know the meaning of work-life balance and flexibility, and the importance of continuous learning. We treat Xenetians like adults and in return expect everyone to act like it.
Our team needs a UX designer with a keen interest in taking on product management responsibilities. This is the perfect role for an experienced UX designer looking to expand the scope of their work. If you want to work in a successful and innovative startup poised to redefine a multi-billion dollar industry, here's your opportunity. We'll be waiting for your application—make sure your cover letter showcases your personality beyond your professional accomplishments!
- Create and maintain a consistent Xeneta user experience
- Design new features, patterns and even products
- Constantly improve the existing Xeneta products
- Perform user research
- Define the Xeneta product strategy
- You have experience as a UX designer, ideally three years and above.
- You have customer-facing experience.
- You can create wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes.
- You're skilled at using Sketch or Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You can perform UX research independently.
- You have what it takes to formulate and communicate the vision of Xeneta's products.
- You have an understanding of software development processes.
- You'll be able to interact smoothly with our technical and business divisions.
- You're eager and willing to learn about new technologies and the shipping industry.
- You're proficient in English.
- Competitive benefits (salary, vacation, flexible working hours...) and a great working environment
- We'll sponsor your visa if you need one.
- Fresh fruit and beer: Getting your daily vitamins is important, and we consider beer one of them. We have fruit every day and beers on Fridays.
- 25 vacation days PLUS more: It’s not all work and no play. Recharge your batteries so you can bring your A game. We have added extra Christmas and other fun days off.
- Flexible hours: Work from home when needed. We’re not sticklers on this, as long as things get done.
- Team lunches: Eating is a community activity where we chat about the latest TV shows or just silly happenings.
- Get what you need: Mac, PC, special mouse, standing desk—whatever you need to do your best work.