in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Are you enthusiastic and creative? Smart as a whip and relentless in your search for rewarding challenges? Hop on over to the TravelBird team in Amsterdam and join their high-flying engineering team! Read more about TravelBird
Senior Ops Engineer
- Working closely with our engineering team (including daily standups), you will be responsible for improving our growing server infrastructure, deployment tools, recovery/emergency systems, and checking up on the security of our site.
- You will help us scale our team by minimizing setup costs and maintaining test automation.
- You're smart, preferably with a degree in IT or development.
- You have at least 3 years of professional DevOps experience in a Linux/AWS environment.
- You have experience with AWS services and solutions.
- You have experience with automation, such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- You have experience in continuous delivery.
- You have set up a monitoring, alerting, recovery and emergency system.
- You have experience with databases like MySQL and or PostgreSQL.
- You speak English fluently.
- You'll get a competitive salary.
- Lots of opportunities to socialize with colleagues: bootcamp, drinks every Friday, and much more!
- Healthy cuisine and refreshments will be available all day long. We also have our own coffee bar with a view on the canals.
- You'll get a high-spec Apple MacBook Pro, and €1000 a year for training and education.
- Interested in a tech conference or a new technology book? Just ask and we'll take care of it.
We believe that every day is an opportunity to contribute to our continuous pursuit of shaping the future of travel. We're constantly seizing opportunities, taking initiative, and looking for innovative ways to improve. In our dynamic yet focused organization, we challenge our people to learn and develop every day.
In an open and transparent atmosphere, collaboration is key. We learn from each other and value trust over hierarchy. Our success is based on diverse teams of inspirational people who are not afraid of challenges.
Your job at TravelBird will be one big adventure with plenty of variety and new challenges every day. We'll provide you with an environment conducive to leveling up your skills faster than you would anywhere else. We believe that the quality of the product is as good as our people, which is why we invest heavily in increasing the skills and technical knowledge of our colleagues.
So if you're looking for more than just a job—an experience you will love waking up to every day—you've come to the right place.
Please note that we are currently only considering candidates from the EU or with an EU work permit!
About TravelBirdVisit TravelBird′s website
At TravelBird we change the way people experience travel. We surprise our customers every day with the best travel deals and make booking and traveling simple and easy so travelers can enjoy a carefree holiday. Our story began in Amsterdam back in 2010, with one travel deal. Now we operate in 17 European countries. More than 2,500,000 people have traveled with TravelBird and every day 15,000 travelers enjoy an unforgettable journey with us. Today we operate out of a large office in the city center of Amsterdam. Day in day out, we aim to deliver the best holiday experience, together with over 650 enthusiastic and international employees whom we call "Birdies".