Do you have a magical ability to make anyone understand the trickiest technical terms? Your particular set of skills is in demand! The MYJAR team, for instance, wants you as a technical writer in their Tallinn office.
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350m in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
This is an exciting time for our business. We are building new platforms, hiring more quickly than ever, and attracting more and more customers with our ethical and responsible approach.
This role requires a solid understanding of technology and software development processes, as well as the ability to describe them to all audiences. The person in this role should be an energetic self-starter who has good communication skills and is a team player.
- Performing usability and other tests to ensure documentation is accurate
- Reviewing current documentation and implementing improvements to its organization
- Organizing information obtained from subject matter experts such as software engineers, quality assurance engineers, and other specialists
- Interviewing and gathering information from different parties about technical specifications
- Attending technology teams’ meetings (Scrum ceremonies and other) as necessary
- Creating written documents in a clear and concise manner to be able to convey information appropriately for a variety of audiences
- Creating illustrations to technical documentation
- Providing constructive feedback as and when needed
- Editing release notes
- Usability and testing skills and an understanding of user experience
- Good interviewing and listening skills
- Ability to use a wide range of tools for text and image editing
- Good technical understanding related to software development
- A solid understanding of programming principles
- Ability to work independently and also within a team
- Spoken and written English skills equivalent to a native speaker level
- Computer science related degree and/or at least 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and suggest improvements
- Reliability, responsibility, self-control
- Attention to detail, punctuality and organization
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.