Estonia is the place to be if you're looking for challenging career moves in the tech space. MYJAR has plenty of those available—like this gig for a back-end develope, for example!
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
Our business began in 2008 and since our inception, we have provided loans with a value of GBP 350m in the UK. Following authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority, MYJAR is growing very quickly and needs a talented team of specialists to achieve our ambitious goals.
If you are interested in building your career with a dynamic innovative team and strong international investors, this is the right place for you. At MYJAR we work a little differently from other financial service companies. We are committed to providing small amounts of credit responsibly to reliable customers. We treat our customers with respect and appreciate that we exist because of them. We are currently a business of 150 people and operate from offices in the City of London and run a technology, development and customer service center in the vibrant city of Tallinn.
We are building new platforms, hiring more quickly than ever, and attracting more and more new customers with our ethical and responsible approach. This means that now is a particularly exciting time to join the team. Excited? So are we! Send in your application and let's talk.
- Coding user stories
- Coding automated tests (on unit, integration, and system level)
- Creating architectural designs
- Investigating and fixing bugs and issues
- Developing program software according to specified standards
- Documenting program software and compiling software regulations
- Collaborating with colleagues on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process improvements
- Participating as a team member in a cross-functional team
- Sharing knowledge and experience with team members
- Participating in work planning
- Reliability, correctness, responsibility, self-control
- The ability to work without exact instructions and on your own initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of PHP, SQL, and relational database structures/functions
- Relevant experience with Node.js, Java
- In-depth knowledge of OOP and MVC practices
- Solid understanding of programming principles (clean code, TDD, OOP, XP)
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux environments, SSH/SCP and version control systems (Git)
- Good understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery)
- Good understanding of testing principles
- Experience working in an agile team
- Very good spoken and written English
- Ideally, BS/MS in computer science, information systems or similar
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We do everything in our power to promote a healthy lifestyle: You'll benefit from sporting and medical benefits, counselling when you need it, a masseur in the office, healthy snacks in the kitchen, and regular health check-ups.
- We're proud of the fun, friendly, and comfortable work environment we've created. We celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays, have a recreation room, and arrange many great team events.
- Your perks will also include Estonian language courses, extra vacation days for special life events, and parking discounts.