If you have an inquisitive mind, an unquenchable thirst for user data, and plenty of experience with UX research, you might like what team Yousician has in mind for you. Keep reading for an exciting challenge in Finland!
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.
We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
The main responsibility of the UX researcher is to plan and conduct user research studies with different methods and turn findings insight into the actionable recommendations that shape our product roadmap and to represent the users on the Yousician team.
As part of our team, you'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. You'll get the challenges and rewards that come with working in a successful and fast growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating and fun working environment. We work in small efficient teams where everyone has autonomy, the freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership. We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from experience.
Is this job description music to your ears? Then send us your application and CV (in English) and let's make the world a more musical place together! This position is a maternity leave replacement (until 24.01.2018) and we're looking to fill it quickly, so please let us know your earliest possible starting date! And remember, everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
- Plan, design and conduct user research studies (interviews, usability testing, focus groups, observational methods)
- Analyze quantitative user data and metrics to better understand the behavior, motivation, and thinking of our users
- Synthesize and present actionable research findings that will shape the future product design, functionalities, and product roadmap decisions
- Collaborate closely with our product managers, designers, UX specialists, and engineers to turn user insights into design requirements, clear goals, and priorities
- Identify new opportunities for better serving our identified user segments in their musical learning journey
- Present and represent to the team what our users are like
- Background and degree (ideally Ph.D.) in social sciences, education, design, HCI, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of user research methods (both qualitative and quantitative), usability research tools and the confidence to invent your own method as needed
- Strong curiosity about how people think, behave and feel
- Proven track record of consistently producing and presenting findings that are well-communicated and providing actionable and sound recommendations
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, UX best practices, and heuristics
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative; ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and when to deliver
- An interest in music and/or a musical background is an advantage
- You'll get a competitive compensation package—salary, stock options, crazy perks—and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.