If working remotely alongside a fun international team is what you're after, you'll love being a back-end developer at Twitter Counter. Keep reading to see if this could be your next life-changing career step!
Twitter Counter was conceived and launched as a project of The Next Web in 2009 and recently spun off. With over 300K monthly visitors, data collected from +300 million Twitter accounts and a business model that works, it is bursting at the seams with growth opportunities and online marketing possibilities. We see data-driven decision making and fast feedback loops as the very thing which has been and will be keeping our company’s marketing edge.
For the past 5+ years, we’ve been successfully delivering to our users information, analysis and recommendations based on an enormous amount of Twitter data we’ve been gathering and logging. Knowing what to develop, how to bring in quality traffic at good CPAs and how to optimise the existing assets takes some serious product, marketing, and growth abilities. That’s why we insist on working only with the most talented and motivated dev, design and marketing people out there.
Oh, and did we mention we work in the heart of Amsterdam, at the hottest co-working building in town together with The Next Web?
As a back-end developer on our small team of skilled techies, you'll be using your expertise to research, refactor and build our elaborate back-end platform (built in PHP and MySQL). Your work will help Twitter Counter evolve into an increasingly modern platform, adding more and more value for our users along the way.
Your efforts will empower us to handle even more data than we already do. You'll be interfacing with social networks APIs, fearlessly hunting and squashing bugs, supporting our marketers, optimizing performance, and handling DevOps with the rest of your team. In a nutshell, you'll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it!
We're a small and fun international bunch, and working at Twitter Counter is more than a job for us—it's a passion. To feel at home here, you should be hardworking, curious, driven, and extremely execution-oriented.
We're currently offering this as a remote role for someone who sees the entire world as their office. To make sure our team works as efficiently as possible, you should ideally be able to work mainly during CET working hours. If that sounds like a plan, send us your application and let's talk about all the things we can achieve together!
- You have at least 3 years of experience with back-end web development.
- You have strong relational DB experience, preferably MySQL.
- You have strong PHP experience.
- You have OOP knowledge.
- You have experience with LAMP configuration and maintenance.
- You're a good debugger using command line tools.
- You have good knowledge of version control (Git).
- Lean and agile development is second nature to you.
- Independent and responsible, you deliver quality work with little supervision.
- You're a good team player.
- You have a relevant academic degree or an interesting story.
- You communicate smoothly in English.
- You get bonus points for experience handling large amounts of data with advanced queries and scripts.
- Modern PHP framework experience (symphony 3, zend, laravel 5) is a plus.
- More bonus points available for NoSQL experience, shell scripting, and experience working with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn API’s.
- Experience with the following technologies/environments is useful: Sphinx, Solr, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Varnish, Nginx, Capistrano, GCP.
- Let's discuss your salary and benefits!