Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a rewarding challenge. If you want to be part of the journey and discover the stunning country of Finland along the way, join the Yousician team as a build and release engineer!
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.
Our job at Yousician is to reimagine music education so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. Sound good? Then you've come to the right place. Read on!
The purpose of this role is to reinforce the infra release and QA team and be responsible for the maintenance of build and release automation procedures of our app on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux. You'll support and work closely with our product facing teams, ensuring that teams work independently and that our development and release process stays smooth and does not become a bottleneck.
You'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. It's a job that comes with all the challenges and rewards of working at a successful and fast-growing company, as well as the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best workplace you can imagine, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating and fun working environment. We love to run experiments: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from our experience.
To get the ball rolling, send us your application and CV (in English) and let's make the world a more musical place together! Fun fact: everyone who comes to a personal interview in our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
- Support, improve and build tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Pro-actively look for ways to improve our build processes and support the engineering team members.
- Trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes, including a fleet of build servers and device farm.
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing R&D.
- Help the Release and QA team in it’s day to day tasks.
- Experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- Experience with source code control tools like Git.
- Experience with automation server (Jenkins).
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash and Python).
- Experience with server administration (Linux, MacOS, Windows).
- THESE ARE A BIG PLUS:
- Experience with Unity game engine (C#).
- Experience with development and release on mobile platforms iOS and Android (Xcode, testflight, googleplay…).
- Experience with code signing.
- Experience with REST type backend development (Python).
- You'll get a competitive compensation package—salary, stock options, crazy perks—and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, benefits for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece and Thailand work retreats.