Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a rewarding challenge. If you want to be part of the journey and discover the stunning country of Finland along the way, join the Yousician team as a release automation engineer!
Yousician is the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish startup, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place! For those joining us from abroad, we'll sponsor the necessary visas and permits.
Our job at Yousician is to reimagine music education so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. Sound good? Then you've come to the right place. Read on!
You will join the Release & QA team and be responsible for the development of the build and release automation pipeline of our Unity app on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Linux; support and work closely with our product facing teams, develop and improve tools, and ensure the availability of the build & release pipeline.
You'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world. You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams. It's a job that comes with all the challenges and rewards of working at a successful and fast-growing company, as well as the opportunity to grow your role.
We want Yousician to be the best workplace you can imagine, so we put a lot of effort into building a creative, motivating and fun working environment. We love to run experiments: we make systematic decisions, measure outcomes to see what works, and learn from our experience.
To get the ball rolling, send us your application and CV (in English) and let's make the world a more musical place together! Fun fact: everyone who comes to a personal interview in our office gets a ukulele. #rockon
- Support, improve and develop tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management
- Trace complex build problems, release issues, and environment issues
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes, including a fleet of build servers and device farm
- You proactively look for ways to improve our build processes and support the engineering team.
- You have experience in software engineering or release automation.
- You have experience with source code control tools like Git.
- You have experience with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Travis).
- You have experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby).
- You have experience with server administration (Linux).
- Experience with development and release on mobile platforms iOS and Android (Xcode, TestFlight, Google Play…) is a plus.
- Experience with code signing is also a plus.
- Experience with REST type back-end development (Python) is beneficial.
- Experience with any game engine (Unity C#) is also a bonus.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki. We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonuses for sport activities, jam sessions, board game tournaments, sauna evenings, and our famous retreats in Greece, Thailand, and Tenerife.