Are you hardwired to produce clean code and come up with elegant solutions to challenging problems? Do you want to keep learning and broadening your skill set? The team at Wire in Berlin can help with that!
Wire is a European startup building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by a shared passion for communication, design, and technology.
We are looking for a Scala developer with exposure to Android. To be the ideal fit for this role, you should be a highly motivated and proactive person combining a desire to learn with strong collaboration and excellent communication skills.
- Implement new features in the app
- Help maintain and improve the code base
- Design new features and apply testing methodologies
- Coach junior members of the team
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and resolve issues
- 2+ years experience with Scala development
- Experience with Android development (or willingness to learn)
- An understanding of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Passion for clean code and elegant solutions
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Independent software projects and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- BS in computer science or equivalent, MS preferred
- We'll offer you a competitive salary, relocation support, and career growth opportunities.
- Other perks will include hardware of your choice, adjustable standing desks, high-quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
- We have a beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
- You'll work alongside experts in a multicultural team from 20 nationalities.