Do you enjoy working with challenging problems and an experienced team? Join Piktochart in Malaysia as a UX designer and help define what visual storytelling means!
Piktochart is all about creating visual stories and making information beautiful. We help users create engaging infographics from their data/information. This means that a design-challenged person is now empowered to create beautiful and effective designs without having to learn to use Photoshop/Illustrator.
You will be joining a team of over 50+ members, spread out across the world but mainly based in Penang, Malaysia—a beautiful, laid-back tropical island destination with abundant nature and plenty of activities for outdoor enthusiasts as well as young families!
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a portfolio of apps and sites that you have enjoyed working with, and an understanding of the visual design space (through the eyes of a non-designer).
- Conceptualizes, designs and assists with implementing highly engaging and intuitive user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) solutions
- Create effective user flow and wireframes that solve problems faced by Piktochart users, and propose changes or new ideas to designers and developers.
- Conduct usability test to observe one's behavior towards the product.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective & design thinking methodology.
- Work closely with data scientists, UIUX and project teams to offer insightful guidelines focused on user experience when building new features.
- Interview Piktochart users to identify qualitative key aspects that create great user experience for users. You will talk to users via phone/Skype/face-to-face.
- At least 2 years professional experience as a UX designer, UI designer experience is an additional plus.
- Ability to translate user findings into design suggestions and articulate the values well.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Strong design thinking and problem solving skills that do not compromise the user experience.
- Proficiency with conducting user interviews, and utilizing usability testing platform, wireframe and prototyping tools such as balsamiq and invision.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- Passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Being data-driven and making decisions based on methods of “Test, Build, Measure” and repeat.
- Let's talk about salary and other conditions