Here's a job for someone brimming with passion for all things UX: Piktochart is looking for a bold and creative researcher to join them in tropical Penang!
Piktochart is all about creating visual stories and making information beautiful. We help users create engaging infographics from their data/information. This means that a design-challenged person is now empowered to create beautiful and effective designs without having to learn to use Photoshop/Illustrator.
You will be joining a team of over 50+ members, spread out across the world but mainly based in Penang, Malaysia—a beautiful, laid-back tropical island destination with abundant nature and plenty of activities for outdoor enthusiasts as well as young families!
One of the values we uphold at Piktochart is being user-focused. We talk to our users often to understand their pain points, as well as what makes them happy or frustrated. Our UX researchers do this the most. They are passionate about getting to know users and creating the best experience for them.
This is a job for someone with the tenacity to stand up again and again after failure and rejection. Being a researcher often means striving hard to get volunteers for tests, not receiving expected results, or working on ideas that end up not performing up to par. At Piktochart, we strive to innovate every day, and failure only helps us move forward!
- Interview Piktochart users to identify qualitative key aspects that create great user experience for users
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data about user behavior through methods like targeted surveys
- Understand the mental model of Piktochart users and their journey of interaction with the product
- Define Piktochart’s user persona and the Jobs to Be Done
- Work closely with data scientists, UI/UX and product teams to offer insightful guidelines focused on user experience when building new features
- Analyze how other interfaces perform with focus and persistence in identifying potential solutions for existing problems faced by Piktochart users (being familiar with how the app functions and how users interact with our tool is vital here)
- Create effective user flow and wireframes that solve problems faced by users, and propose changes or new ideas to designers and developers
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in the UX fields
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Creativity in coming up with ways to collect data and proficiency in analyzing the data that has been collected
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Data-driven approach
- Ability to translate user findings into design suggestions and articulate the values well
- Ability to adapt to new team formations as UX researchers often rotate amongst project teams to identify best experience solutions for each feature and goal
- Readiness to spend most of your time on phone/video calls with users
- A strong dose of curiosity and eagerness to know the whys
- Let's discuss your salary and benefits!
- We offer a relocation package to help you settle into your new home.