If you want to be at the center of an emergent tech hub in Latin America, here's how you make that happen: Show the Ubidots team how passionate you are about sales, and you could be joining them in Colombia in no time!
Ubidots is a rapidly growing global tech startup whose co-founders and engineering team are based in Medellin, Colombia. Boasting a community of 15,000+ developers in more than 30 countries, Ubidots is enabling companies and engineers to quickly deploy Internet of Things (IoT) applications using our cloud service, ranked among the top 10 on the global market.
The Ubidots Cloud is being used across multiple industries like healthcare, agriculture, energy and manufacturing. Hospitals in Argentina track temperature and humidity in their refrigerators to ensure their vaccines are preserved. Agricultural operations across South America stream animal conditions in real time to increase productivity. Clean energy generators in the US monitor how much CO2 has been saved thanks to their generated energy... Meanwhile, thousands of makers and students stream sensor data from their personal projects, ranging from monitoring soil humidity in their gardens to blinking their children’s room lights when the International Space Station passes overhead.
Ubidots recently raised capital from top Silicon Valley and Latin American investors and was
recognized by Endeavor and the JP Morgan foundation as the most influential tech startup in
Medellin's innovation ecosystem.
Following our success in developer communities, Ubidots has begun to capitalize its
product positioning by offering business-grade IoT solutions. The first step was to set up a
marketing team to increase visitors and lead generation. The next step is to convert
these many leads into customers—that's where you come in!
As a sales representative at Ubidots, you will receive a constant flow of inbound leads, as well as work closely with our CEO/co-founder to research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify opportunities. You will run online demos of the “Ubidots for Business” platform and sell the Ubidots value proposition. Your target clients will largely consist of—but will not be limited to—small and mid-sized engineering businesses. This role is an inside sales position working in our Medellin offices and doesn’t require traveling. However, if a large deal demands an in-person meeting, you should be ready to catch the next plane.
This is a job for someone with a sharp focus on their goals and a powerful work ethic.
You should have the emotional intelligence and enthusiasm necessary to play a part in advancing the vision of the company. If that sounds like you, apply now and don't forget to add a few lines about why you want to join us!
- Become an expert in identifying challenges that our prospective customers face
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for Ubidots
- Follow up on highly qualified opportunities at small and mid-sized companies
- Build relationships with prospects and internal stakeholders to grow new business
- Work collaboratively with marketing and technology departments to execute sales strategy as we introduce enhancements to the Ubidots Cloud
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, culture, and vision
- Experience within a sales team that meets and exceeds their goals consistently
- Ideally, experience in a startup environment
- Some technical savvy that allows you to understand customers' projects and explain our platform's benefits
- 2-5 years of selling experience in an environment dealing with web technologies or innovative online products
- Experience with cold-calling sales tactics
- Experience working with small business owners and executives
- Superior communication and closing skills
- Facility with MS Office Suite and Google Apps
- B.A. or B.S. degree (sales training certification is a plus)
- Compensation is competitive and includes both salary and commission.
- We'll offer visa sponsorship for the right candidate.
- You'll have access to the #1 marketing and sales automation tool—Hubspot—and all of its inbound marketing and sales training resources.
- You'll get to learn or perfect your Spanish as you play a leadership role in the growth of one of the top IoT platforms on the market, taking it from thousands to millions of connected devices.